Launched in 2015, Mojo is the first Indian made adventure tourer made by Mahindra Two Wheelers. Showcased at the 2010 Auto Expo, it was one of the captivating motorcycles ever made by an Indian brand. After 5 long years of thorough R&D, it was officially launched in 2016 with a lucrative price tag for the Indian market.
Design and Styling
First and foremost thing you notice about Mojo is the bug-eyed headlamp with LED DRLs on the windscreen. It resembles something of a Triumph Speed Triple and Street Triple. Mahindra has imposed a whole new design culture for this flagbearer. From head to tail, including the seat, handlebar and chassis have been designed to suit the touring demand of the rider.Some of the elegant features of Mojo includes a 21-litre sculpted fuel tank, belly pan, radiator shrouds and digital-analog instrument cluster. Moreover, the ribs, swingarm and USD forks are gold plated to enhance the premium feel of the Mojo. In addition to that, Mojo comes with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres which is a soft compound tyre which helps in efficient cornering. The upright riding position gives you confidence and command over the vehicle.
The Engine and Performance
Mojo gets a powerful 300cc, fuel injected, liquid-cooled, EFI, single cylinder engine delivering a maximum power of 20 kW and top torque of 30 Nm. The powertrain features 6-speed gearbox with wet multi-plate clutch. Eventhough it is a single cylinder engine, it still gets stylish twin exhaust which delivers a powerful and crispy exhaust note.
Suspension and Braking
The suspension system consists of USD forks with 143.5 mm travel at the front and high-pressure gas charged mono shock with an internal floating piston having 143 mm travel. The braking duties of this motorcycle are undertaken by 320 mm petal disc brakes at the front and 240 mm disc brake at the rear.
Mahindra Mojo is a complete and well defined touring bike with a powerful engine and well-crafted dynamics. Unlike Royal Enfield siblings, this one is a purpose-built motorcycle to satisfy all your touring demands. Therefore, if you are looking for a touring motorcycle above 200cc, then Mojo is your pick.
Test drive reports, reviews and news
- Mahindra Mojo UT: Stripped Down To The Essentials
After a long haul, Mahindra seems to have worked up with their flagship motorcycle; Mojo to make way for a younger sibling, if recently leaked i...
- Mahindra Mojo Test Drive Report
- The evolution of Mahindra from a tractor producing company to a two-wheeler manufacturing brand was one of the epic transformations of an Indian brand...
- Tourer Edition Mahindra Mojo has arrived
- Mahindra two wheelers has unveiled the best touring motorcycle of its kind in the Indian market-Mahindra Mojo Tourer Edition. This attention seeker wa...
- Mahindra Mojo Launched In India – Unleash Your Mojo
- It’s been five years since Mahindra two wheelers has kept people eagerly waiting for the official launch of the Mojo. Mahindra has launched the much...
- Mahindra Mojo 300 – Unleash The Mojo
- Mahindra Two Wheelers Limited(MTWL) is a group venture owned by Mahindra and Mahindra Limited, which manufactures scooters and motorcycles. Mahindra T...