Launched in India in May 2013. Ray Z is not in production now. Discontinued in 2019.
Yamaha Ray Z, the second scooter from Indian Yamaha Motor. The Ray Z is an upgraded variant of the Ray that was unveiled last year. Having aggressive looks and new paint scheme, the all new Ray Z is manufactured to attract the youth riders. Equipped with a smoked-finish visor for a motorcycle-like image, aluminum rear wing-shaped tandem rider grab-bars, a new instrument panel with a carbon fiber patterned background, and a carbon fiber patterned seat cover material extends the beauty of the scooter.
The Ray Z is powered by the same 113cc, Air cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC,2-valve, Single cylinder engine that also runs the Ray. The scooter generates some aggressive power of 7.1 PS @ 7500 rpm and respectable torque of 8.1 Nm @ 5000 rpm. Being easily run by V-belt automatic transmission, Yamaha offers a wondering mileage of 53 kmpl under standard conditions.
1) A smoked-finish visor for a motorcycle-like image
2) Aluminum rear wing-shaped tandem rider grab-bars
3) A new instrument panel with a carbon fiber patterned background
4) A carbon fiber patterned seat cover material
5) Dynamic coloring and graphics