Certainly, the Centuro would be the most featured entry level motorcycle in this world. Got your eye balls out? It is the fact! Mahindra has wondered the motorcycle world by introducing the 110 cc bike, the Centuro. The two wheeled machine is installed with certain highly quality features which can be visible only on premium motorcycles and sometimes invisible on them too. Because the machine is comprised of premium specifications such as anti-theft system with an engine immobiliser, find me lights, remote 128-bit encrypted flip-key with LED lights, central locking system, guide lamps, fully digital instrument cluster with a digital tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, trip meter and clock, choke on the handle bar, and LED pilot and tail lamps.
The brand name Mahindra is least bothered here as it is loaded with tons of premium features. So one thing is sure that the strong competition with its rivals. The bike will the competing with Hero Passion Pro, Hero's upcoming Passion X Pro, Splendor variants, Honda Twister, Dream Yuga, Suzuki Hayate, Bajaj Platina, Discover 100 and TVS Start City. Comparing all these two wheelers, the Centuro tops the shoot out.
The Centuro is displaced with a 106.7 cc, Single Cylinder, 4-stroke, Air cooled, MCI-5 engine. The MCI-5 (Micro Chip Ignited 5-Curve) engine is a newly developed engine by Mahindra itself. Hopefully, this engine will be a much better engine than the 4 Stroke, Air Cooled, SI engine which was used in the Stallio. Because, the new MCI-5 engine is more powerful and economical. It brings out 8.4 bhp of power @ 7500 rpm and 8.5 Nm of torque @ 5500 rpm. The 4 speed constant mesh gear transmission pushes out city rides quiet easily. However, the absence of disc brake in the top end version is a huge disappointment. The machine has a dazing economical figure of 79.5 kmpl under standard conditions.
The Centuro is a very stylish 110cc bike launched by Mahindra back in 2013. The Centuro comes with various features like anti-theft system with an engine immobiliser, find me lights, remote flip-key with LED lights, a unique central locking system, digital instrument cluster with various information like digital tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, trip meter and clock and very attractive and unique guide lamps.
Mahindra has given a choke on the handlebar for an easy start in cold mornings. This feature-richness of Centuro made it a very attractive bike in the 110cc range.
The Centuro sports a 106.70 cc Single Cylinder, 4-stroke, Air cooled, Mci-5 engine, and produces 8.5 bhp @ 7500 rpm and 8.5 Nm torque @ 5500 rpm. The transmission system of the bike is handled with Constant mesh 4 Speed gearbox and comes with both Electric Start and Kick Start.
The engine of the Centuro is very refined and gives good power and torque when needed. The engine feels relaxed and provides good feedback while riding through cities and highways and ensures good overall mileage.
Chassis, Braking and Suspension
The Centuro sports a good double-cradle steel chassis that provides the bike very good handling and cornering ability with nimble riding dynamics. The braking system of the Centuro is done with 130 mm drum brakes at the front and the rear.
The suspension system of the bike is done with Telescopic suspension with Coil spring at the font and a Coiled 5-step adjustable suspension at the rear. The Centuro holds a ground clearance of 173 mm and comes with an overall weight of 111 kg.
The Centuro is a good commuter that comes with good design and shapes with a lot of extra features to accommodate the interest and beyond of potential customers. With these tone features, the Centuro is a good buy when comparing the alternatives that rule the 110cc bike segment in the country.
Test drive reports, reviews and news
- Mahindra To Focus Only On Premium Motorcycles
- Mahindra started Mahindra Two Wheelers Limited in 2008 after it acquired the Kinetic Motor Company Limited. After that, the company introduced many mo...
- Mahindra Centuro TV Advertisement
- Watch the new television commercial of Mahindra Centuro bike. Read the specifications of Centuro bike.
The video ad emphasizes the anti...
- Mahindra Two Wheelers now in South America
- Indian two-wheeler manufacturer Mahindra Two Wheeler has started its operation in the Latin American continent. Extending the sales and service of the...
- How Does Mahindra Centuro Become the Best Entry Level Commuter Bike in India?
- The Centuro is cruising out to be the best two-wheeler of Mahindra. 10,000 bookings of the Centuro in just 18 days displays the power of this entry le...
- Mahindra Centuro Strikes 10,000 Bookings within 18 Days.
- As Bikes4Sale geeks expected Mahindra Two Wheelers has clocked this time with its latest entry, the Centuro, in the Indian motorcycle market. Accordin...