Certainly this is not for the faint heart; but if you are a bike freak you must be dreaming of a long distance ride on your motorcycle at least for once. Certainly, it can make you feel as if your bike is a part of you.
A long distance travel usually is highway riding that you will not want to/neither can repeat it often.
However, on those lengthy days of long distance traveling, you will need to learn some tips to keep yourself amused, while being alert at the same time in tune with the road and being traffic conscious.
When you know these tips you will not yearn for those breaks and you comfortably ride morning through noon or evening through night, besides you will admire and enjoy every blessed second of your riding.
You need to know that riding for long and short doesn’t really differ too much other than the fact that you are driving for hours. You simply are using the same riding skills- being alert; and enjoying riding and of course experiencing the nature off and on that we miss in traffic riding.
– When going for long trips, it is better to wear denim clothes, bike jackets and shoes. If possible wear hand gloves also.
– Make sure you have all the valid documents when going for a drive.
– Take the root map of your trip.
– Keep watching the milestones and keep count along.
– Calculate where you are approximately stopping, and keep counting the miles- maths keeps your mind alert.
– Schedule to stop after every hour of ride or say every 50 or 60 kilometers ride.
– Make sure you carry the toolkit with you.
– Take the first aid kit with you.
– Do not carry too much luggage with you when going for long drives.
– In case you are getting sleepy, do not take risk instead stop for a cup of coffee.
– Take a buddy along with you and never go alone.
– Change ride position as often as you can to keep agile and flexible as well.
– Helmet is a must when going for long drives.
– Change air intake position on your helmet, and clean the visor when you stop over.
– Lastly, and very importantly, enjoy experience of the long distance riding.
Mind that drivers of other vehicles are missing what you are enjoying or experiencing and you didn’t know those guys are so envious of you!