Plans to sell around 60,000 eScooters in 2009
– Unveils BSA Motors logo
– Announces Actress Tamannah as Brand Ambassador
– Price range between Rs. 29,000 to Rs. 37,000
Chennai, 10th November 2008: BSA Motors, a Strategic Business Unit of Tube Investments of India (TII), launched five models of BSA eScooters today in the city. The first batch of eScooters would be rolled out from Chennai on 10th November 2008.
Actress Tamanah is the brand ambassador for BSA eScooters, to create strong linkage with the target audience of the age group between 14 to 30 years. She has acted in trendsetting films like ‘Happy Days’ in Telugu and ‘Kalloori’ in Tamil.
The five models of the BSA eScooters are,
– Smile – The most competitively priced e-Scooter in the country for the age group of 13 to 18 years; 250 W, top speed of 25kmph. License and Registration is not required for riding this eScooter
– Diva – First e-Scooter designed exclusively for girls in the age group of 16 to 20 years; 250 W, top speed of 25kmph. License and Registration is not required for riding this eScooter
– Street Rider – Unisex sportz model from teen to twenties; 250 W, top speed of 25kmph. License and Registration is not required for riding this eScooter
– Roamer – For working men and women for the age group of 18 to 25 years; 500 W, top speed of 40kmph, requires license and registration.
– Roamer+ – The Family eScooter; 800W, top speed of 45kmph, requires license and registration
Maintenance free batteries and motors make BSA eScooters 100% trouble free. The BSA eScooters have an efficiency of 82-85% in comparison to petrol run vehicles which has an efficiency of 35-38%.
Each eScooter will have four colour options with the exception of Diva which will have five colour options. The unique features of these eScooter models are its protective safety switch, twin passenger foot rest, ergonomically designed seats, great storage space, side reflectors and many more innovative features that are not currently available in the market. The forte of BSA Motors lies in product design and top notch quality. Out of the five models, three models are in 250 watts, one in 500 watts and one in 800 watts.