The 165cc Kinetic Italiano Blaze, this bike (err…motoscooter) has joined the Indian auto stable about 3 years back (April 2007) and it’s been blazing ever since on the Indian roads. It’s a blow in the face of boredom on the Indian roads and that’s the only thing that sets blazers apart from Activa or Dio scooter riders.
Kinetic Blaze is also India’s first motoscooter that won 5 product awards for the year 2006-07 Scooter of the Year from Overdrive, BS Motoring and also the NDTV Car and Bike; Two-wheeler design of the year from BBC Top Gear as well as NID (National Institute of Design) Buisness World.
Kinetic Italiano Blaze with its super size is obviously the biggest, the tallest and the longest motoscooter that has seen on the Indian roads.
As for looks of the Kinetic Blaze, you got to love it or hate it, just that simple. The bold this-is-no-average-scooter looks may not appeal to all; but it surely makes heads turn and if not for the Italian design at least for the bold colors and even bolder size. The large and monstrous proportions are noticeable even from quite a distance. A big majority of people agree that the Kinetic Italiano Blaze looks great. Some might dislike too much of plasticky looks and the company had to go for the plastics to cut down on the cost. Well, if you are a performance lover, give a heck to this.
The side panels look neatly sculpted with huge grab bar. The under seat storage is decent if not the best and there is a lockable glove box, as well as foldable bag hook and flat floorboard.
As for ergonomics, the riders’ seat appears quite ergonomic and comfortable and cushions the bums for that long drive. The seat intended for pillion may not be comfortable for women as it is quite high and it might be a daunting task for anyone short to get on to the seat. If you are taking a trapeze artiste behind Blaze, it wouldn’t be a noticeable difficulty. This small issue though would not deter any prospective buyer.
Kinetic Italiano Blaze runs on a
165.12cc, one-cylinder, air-cooled, 4-stroke, petrol engine
Maximum power: 11.6bhp @7500 rpm
Maximum torque: 1.2kgm @ 5000rpm
It hits a top speed of about 110kmph and accelerates 0-60 kmph in 9.29seconds
Mileage: 30-34 kmpL
Kinetic Italiano Blaze has some unique features that sets it apart from any commuter scooter.
– It runs on a powerful 165cc mill that generates a power of 11.6 bhp
– The engine sports superior 4-valve technology
– The suspension is advanced to offer great comfort on any terrain (while the front suspension is telescopic there is a twin rear suspension to offer additional stability)
– Huge seat for rider and pillion for extra seating comfort
– High ground clearance gives it a ride pleasure close to a bike (the scooter was built on extra size, a 1495mm wheelbase and it kind of beats the dust of many bikes)
– The gear transmission is automatic to offer convenient riding
– The electric start (with also the kick start) makes it convenient for today’s riding
– The scooter comes with disc (optional for front) and the drum brakes
Kinetic Blaze comes priced about 55,000 and on road it comes close to 60,000 but for the amount you are setting the roads on blaze and painting the town red. If you are looking for something stylish and has power up its sleeves to beat 100cc commuter bikes and scooters then you don’t have to look further, the Blaze is one for you. Additionally, this is not the one if you too picky about FE and mileage. If you prefer power and style to fuel economy, Blaze is for you. Finally, the “Catch Me If You Can” sticker lives to it. So go get on your rider’s gloves and jacket to set the roads ablaze.